You have just booked your next family vacation to Anna Maria Island and you have asked off work to be able to go and relax on vacation. But we know that for many families packing can be a daunting task, especially when you are vacationing with little ones. Having a plan or even a list can help you pack for the whole family so that you can relax and enjoy your beach vacation. We at AMI Locals have come up with a list to get you started on packing for your upcoming vacation.
Before you Start Packing
- Going on vacation can be fun, exciting and relaxing but knowing a few things before you start to pack can help you in the long run. Always check the local forecast before you leave on vacation and yes, even before you pack. You know that you will need your swimsuits and shorts for your vacation, you may also need to bring a rain jacket or even a lightweight sweater as well depending on the time of year you visit.
- Make a list of activities that you’d like to do with the family including day trips, outings or eating out. Be sure to make a list for the whole family of what you will need. We suggest doing this a few weeks before your trip just in case you need to add a few things at the last minute.
- Organize a wardrobe for each day especially for the little ones including underwear and sleepwear too. To help keep you organized when packing the little ones, grab a box of gallon sized Ziploc bags and put two outfits in each one for each day. This can not only help you stay organized but can also help keep up with what they will wear each day too.
- Beach Clothing | This should consist of swimsuits (we suggest at least 2 for each family member), hats, flip-flops and cover ups (a lightweight dress will do too).
- Everyday Clothing | Each member of the family should have at least 1 outfit for each day of vacation plus a couple extra ones for emergencies. For the younger children, we suggest at least 2 outfits a day and that includes underwear and socks.
- Footwear | We understand that some shoes are bulky, and you don’t want to bring them, so we suggest bringing 3 pairs for each family member. A pair of comfortable tennis shoes for walking any distance, a pair of flip-flops and a nicer pair in case you want a date night or two.
- Nighttime Clothing | Don’t forget about packing your pajamas and plenty of underwear and socks.
- Haircare Products | Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Ties, Hair Gel, Shower Cap, Hair Dryer, Flat Iron, Brushes, etc.
- Mouth Care | Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss
- Eye-care | Contacts & Case, Contact Solution, Glasses, Sunglasses
- Everything Else | Safety Pins, Feminine Products, Razors, Body Wash, Soap, Cotton Swabs, Air Freshener, etc.
- Prescription Medication | Bring all medications in their original bottles in case you need to go see a doctor while on vacation you know what you are on. (Also have a list on your phone in case of an emergency.
- Over the Counter Medications | Benadryl, Motrin, Tylenol, Vitamins
- First Aid Kit | Band-Aids, Neosporin, Sunscreen, Aloe, etc.
These are the other items that you will need to bring with you on vacation such as things for the beach including a beach bag, chairs, towels, sand toys, beach umbrella and more. Also, if you’d like to bring your bikes you can especially for the younger kids so they can have fun at your AMI Locals vacation rental. Books and things that the kids can color with can help keep them busy on a rainy day too.
There are so many other things that you can pack for your family vacation, but we felt this list should do the trick. If you still haven’t booked your next family vacation to Anna Maria Island, we suggest you check out our availability. We can’t wait to see you and your family on your next adventure to our beautiful island!